Darkness to Light’s Stewards of Children
Teaching adults about child sexual abuse prevention
Darkness to Light’s (D2L) Stewards of Children program is a child sexual abuse prevention program for adults from the national nonprofit organization, Darkness to Light, headquartered in Charleston, SC. D2L’s mission is to empower people to prevent child sexual abuse. Stewards of Children is the only national, evidenced-informed program that teaches adults how to protect children. D2L has over 5000 trained facilitators internationally, hundreds of community and statewide initiatives throughout the US, and research showing 1 adult will better protect 10 children.
Stewards of Children:
- is necessary for all adults since 1 in 10 children will be sexually abused before their 18th birthday.
- is designed for use by schools, youth-serving organizations, and all adults concerned about the safety of children.
- is provided by an authorized facilitator using a compelling DVD with stories and guidance from sexual abuse survivors, experts, and other concerned adults, integrated with an interactive workbook and facilitator led discussion.
- takes only 2 hours to teach adults 5 steps to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to child sexual abuse.
- is cost effective for organizations and individuals with a minimal $10 per person materials cost.
The Monique Burr Foundation for Children is a proud member of the Child Sexual Abuse Prevention Coalition of Northeast Florida (CSAPC). For more information, or to find or schedule a Stewards of Children training, download the D2L/CSAPC fact sheet, or visit the CSAPC website at www.csapc.org.